Monday, May 31, 2010

Table Place Cards for a Charity

Good Morning Everyone!
Woo, hoo! I finished the 12 table place cards. Actually, I finished them since Saturday but thought that I should wait since this is Memorial Day weekend and many people are going away.  Any way, here they are all of them a bit different except the first two cards.

I spent about two hours making the first card.  My first thought was to make these 12 place cards quick and simple.  After making the first card without the roses, it looked too plain. I've thought of adding some ribbons but I am not good with using ribbon as embellishment.  So I turned to my mini roses. I had some white roses sitting there so I played around with them on the card and loved how they made the card look.  I thought the roses and the border punch go together very well.   In order to make up the time that I spent on the first card I decided to make another card exactly the same. Not just that, I like how it turned out also.  Since the charity is called The Tree of Life I stamped the tree from Thought and Prayer set in the center of the scripture.
I did not choose these scriptures. Remmie, the charity founder, sent them to me.  The charity colors are green and yellow.  It was impossible for me to make the cards using just those two colors so I added white.  I also wanted to keep the same theme.
The rest of the cards were old card lay out mostly from Mojo Monday.  I just added the flourish and white roses.  I hope you are enjoying looking at them.




The above six cards I used Old Olive, So Saffron, and Whisper White. The cards are so big because I used one full sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 for each card base.

Then I couldn't help it.  Joann Fabric had Memorial Day Sale - Open card stocks and pattern papers 5 for $1.  It used to be 6 for $1 when there was an Open card stocks sale but I don't think we will be seeing that kind of sale any more.  So when I see 5 for $1 card stocks and pattern papers of course I had to get some more papers.  Who could resist such a sale!

The following six place cards were made using DCVW.  I like them a lot.  Actually I like them so much that I went back to Joann Fabric to get some card stocks.  Like I've said earlier who could resist such a sale?  We could always use those papers right, Rachele? (smile)  The yellow card stock was shimmery.  It was very pretty.  The picture never did the card justice.

The following six cards, I reduced them to 5 x 6.










I really like the colors and the new border punch is so pretty.  Again, I got the border punch from Joann Fabric.  Boy, I really like that place.  The sale that is going on not is so hard to resist.

Thank you so much for stopping by today. Have a great Memorial Day to my American readers!  It's going to be a hot day today so stay cool.

Helen

7 comments:

Gaby said...

Wow....so many wonderful cards. I would have to get all of them, because I couldn't decide, which one I like the best. ;-)

Regina Folla said...

Hello Helen,
I also could not send an email to you.
Strange even.
My ORKUT http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#Profile?rl=mp&uid=2682672317145679398
Regina Folla

Whimcees said...

Hello!

The cards are beautiful Helen! Each one lovlier than the one before it! You have worked many long hours on this project and it shows!

Wishing you a good day today!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Patti said...

The roses are perfect with the borders. Great choice. I am staying away from Joann's today on purpose. I don't need anything (yes I do, don't we always!)

PawwPadd said...

Hi Helen,
Just gorgeous! These are sooo lovely! I always enjoy seeing what you've been working on.
Thanks for sharing.

Rae said...

Hi Helen,
All of your cards are quite beautiful! You did a GREAT job! TFS

Unknown said...

They are beautiful, I love the colours you have used too. Thanks for joining us at YNS,
Angela x